Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (childish) That goes zoom!
2004, Ad Hudler, Househusband, page 284:
- We play a game she calls zoomy rocket, which usually draws some nasty maternal stares.
Dec 1970, Kiplinger's Personal Finance, volume 24, page 6:
- Zoomy little race cars […] inhabit this season's Christmas toy departments
- (mechanics, informal) Looking as though it would go zoom: sleek, speedy, streamlined
- zoomy but faded paint jobs
May 1992, Popular Mechanics, page 39:
- In our recent visits to the Frankfurt and Tokyo auto shows, we saw the zoomy shapes we expect at major shows.
2007, Car and Driver, volume 52, page 59:
- Does the zoomy new look of the TT [automobile] equate with a corresponding improvement in performance?
- (slang) Stylish, as a zoomy car, or as someone who looks like they would drive a zoomy car
1960, Edward Hoagland, The circle home, page 191:
- He caught a downtown bus and felt real good, real zoomy.
1984, Melissa Sones, Getting into fashion, page 237:
- Her "mod zoomy little showcases," as she describes her boutiques, are as mod and zoomy as Johnson herself.
- (photography) Obviously characteristic of a zoom lens
- relies upon zoomy close-ups
- wobbly, zoomy, headachey shots
1977, American anthropologist, volume 79, page 760:
- However, the photography is at moments too poorly exposed, too zoomy, and the camera positioned too closely, for the footage to be useful