Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|to add; plus||oil; sly|
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): gaa1 jau4-2
- Hakka (Pha̍k-fa-sṳ): kâ-yû
- Min Dong (BUC): gă-ìu
- Min Nan (POJ): ka-iû
- Wu (WT Romanisation): ka44 hhieu23
- Min Dong
- Min Nan
- to oil; to lubricate;
- 本書系統地論述了在加油站油品日趨同質化的今天，服務成了競爭取勝的關鍵。 [MSC, trad.]
- 本书系统地论述了在加油站油品日趋同质化的今天，服务成了竞争取胜的关键。 [MSC, simp.]
- From: 2014, 加油站顾客服务指南/21世纪加油站丛书
- Běn shū xìtǒng de lùnshù le zài jiāyóuzhàn yóu pǐn rìqū tóngzhìhuà de jīntiān, fúwù chéng le jìngzhēng qǔshèng de guānjiàn. [Pinyin]
- This book discusses the key to increasing homogenization of oil at the gas station today, the service has become a competition to win.
- to refuel
- to make extra effort
- to cheer (a player) on; go ...
- come on!, go!
- 加油站 (“petrol station”)
- The word is a Chinese figure of speech or idiom. "加" means add or increase, "油" means oil or fuel or gasoline, so it literally means "add gas," "add fuel." "increase energy". It started in the '60s and '70s in Macau Grand Prix when people start chanting "加油", urging the drivers to step on the gas petal to increase speed. When people say "中国 (China), 加油", it can be loosely translated as "Go, go, China". It is mainly used during sporting events, games or competitions, or just to encourage someone.