Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also phone
- A type of sound e.g. allophone.
- A device that makes a sound e.g. saxophone.
- A device related to the telephone e.g. textphone.
- A speaker of a certain language e.g. Francophone.
- Part of some classical names, e.g., Persephone, Tisiphone.
Derived terms 
speaker of a specific language
a sound-transmitting device
From Ancient Greek φωνή (phone, “sound”)
- speaker of a specific language
- something that makes a sound e.g. saxophone