Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Added to an adjective to form a verb. It is similar to -edik.
- Added to an adjective to form an adverb. (the essive-modal case ending's modal sense)
- as, with the intension of (the essive-modal case ending's essive sense)
Member of the -ul/-ül suffix cluster.
- (essive modal case):
- -ul is added to back vowel words. Final -a changes to -á-.
- -ül is added to front vowel words. Final -e changes to -é-.
- (verb forming suffix):
- Category:Hungarian adverbs suffixed with -ül
- Category:Hungarian verbs suffixed with -ül
- Category:Hungarian words suffixed with -ül
- Appendix:Hungarian suffixes
- In many languages, the diminutive form of a word can also be used to denote not (just) littleness but (also) affection or intimacy (for the word's referent), whereas in Volapük this secondary meaning of the diminutive is split off, since Volapük attempts, somewhat like Lojban, to avoid polysemy.