Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- with (instrumental case ending)
- hajó (“ship”) → hajóval (“by ship”)
applying -val to personal pronouns
Usage notes 
- Member of the following suffix cluster:
- -val is added to back vowel words. Final -a changes to -á-.
- anya (“mother”) → Anyával mentem vásárolni. - I went to shop with Mother.
- -vel is added to front vowel words. Final -e changes to -é-.
- zene (“music”) → Zenével szórakoztatta a vendégeket. - He entertained the guests with music.
- When it is added to a word ending in a consonant, the v assimilates with the final consonant, and the final consonant becomes long:
- busz (“bus”) → busz + val = busszal - by bus (buszval is a non-standard form, although it could still be heard in some dialects)
- segítség (“help”) → segítség + vel = segítséggel - with help
See also