Slang terms related to cannabis. The meaning of each of these terms may vary by region and context.
A • Arathi (high quality) B • Backyard boogie (low quality) • Barney • BC • Bible worksheets • Bis • Bishop • Blifter • Bloop • Bob • Bob Hope (footnote in w:Infinite Jest, by author David Foster Wallace) • Bobatti • Bobby Brown (common usage in US) • Bongo (common usage in Cairo, Egypt) • Booboo sh*t (low quality) (common usage in the African American vernacular) • Boogity brown (low quality) • Boone • Bread • Brown Buddha • Brown frown (low quality) • Bubble kush • Bud (common usage in US) • Budski
- Burger King (with a fork being the smoking tool of choice)
- Caracas (what Latinos call low-grade marijuana)
- cheatham (awful-quality weed), (South African English)
- checkers (low quality)
- cheg (very small amount of resin)
- chess (high quality)
- chronic (high quality)
- comic books
- course notes
- curley wurley
- dagga (from Afrikaans via South Africa)
- Daniel Nuggetstone
- Dan K. Buddinhash
- diesel (low quality resin)
- dime (a 10 dollar sack)
- dirt weed (very low-quality herb that tastes extremely bad)
- discarded bibles
- dro (derived from hydroponics)
- dub sack or twamp (20 dollars)
- eighth (standard-quantity used for trading — 1/8 imperial ounce)
- electric puha (from puha, a plant in New Zealand)
- frodis (from The Monkees)
- funk, (Australian English, Jamaican English)
- gangster gumbo (a mix of several people's cannabis)
- ganja or ganj (abbreviated) (from Hindi)
- good advice (high-quality smoke)
- good sh*t
- goofy boots
- grade — good-quality bud
- Grandpa's medicine
- grapes (purple weed)
- green tea
- greenest of the goop (high quality)
- greenest of the green
- g-regs or gregs (general or generic regulars)
- Guitar Hero
- w:Guy Smiley
- gwaai (pron. ga-why) (South Afican slang)
- Kevin Bacon (euphemism for kine bud)
- kibs or kibbies (short for kine bud)
- kif (from Arabic)
- killer herb, or killa (very common in Texas)
- kind (short for kine bud),
- kine bud (though commonly misinterpreted as "Kind" Bud, kine is the Hawaiian word for "excellent")
- Kush, (named for the region of Kush in Central Asia, the word Kush ironically means "violence")
- lamb's bread
- lemon G
- little beasts (nuggets)
- loud (high-grade)
- lye (commonly used in the 1990s in the United States, prominently in a few rap songs (e.g. w:Life's a Bitch (song))
- magic cancer
- marijuana (originally subcultural)
- Mary Jane
- mbanje (Zimbabwe language Shona, Mannie Fresh or mannie)
- Mecca (low-grade)
- Mexican kilobrick (low-grade, highly-compressed import)
- Microwave popcorn
- mids (middle quality)
- "Mostly [Maui Waui] man, but it's got some Labrador in it" [Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke 1978]
- nay nay famous
- nick or nickel (a 5-dollar sack)
- nodge (small amount of hashish)
- nug or nugget or nugs
- Old Toby
- pakalolo (from Hawaii)
- Reggie Miller (regs, low grade)
- regs (regular strength)
- rolling (making a MJ cigarette)
- sappad (low quality)
- schwugs (middle-quality – portmanteau of schwag and nugs)
- scooby-doo (common usage on UEA campus, England)
- shake (leaf and seeds at bottom of bag)
- sinsemilla or sinse
- Shamya (bad weed)
- skin-up (making a MJ cigarette)
- smeed (northwest Ohio),
- snickle-fritz (low-quality bud)
- soap bar (low-quality hash)
- solid (resin)
- sweet G
U V W
- wacky tobaccy/baccy
- widdle (common in Bergen County, New Jersey)
- wizard (specifically high-grade cannabis, common usage in Pittsburgh, PA, USA)
Yarndi (an Australian aboriginal term for weed) X
- X box
Terms also from the 1930s period include:
- Bingger (bong, water pipe)
- Bone (marijuana cigarette)
- Buge (water pipe, bong)
- Billy (bong)
- Bilge (bong)
- Bunk (bad marijuana)
- Cousin Mary
- Elbow (pound)
- Green Badger (high quality)
- Grizz (gram)
- Herbal jazz cigarette
- Joint (MJ cigarette)
- Juicy Fruit (a strain that smells like gum)
- Key (kilo of marijuana)
- Morning meds
- Mother Mary
- Onion (ounce)
- Pizza (exclusively North America)
- QP (quarter pound)
- Roach (end of used MJ cigarette)
- Sister Mary
- Skunk (marijuana smelling like a skunk)
- Spliff (MJ cigarette)
- Sweet leaf
- Twist (MJ cigarette)
- White rhino (high quality MJ)
In the UK, cannabis is often referred to by quantity:
- 1/16 (ounce): 'teenth' (sixteenth), Louis (the 16th)
- 1/8: eighth, eighter, single, Henry (the VIII), cut, slice, Garden Gate
- 1/4: quarter (ounce), quad, 'Q', bottle (of water), farmer's daughter, mike vick
- 1/2: half (ounce), 'halfie', 'half-O', 'halfer'
- 1: ounce, oz, onion Ozzy (Osbourne), 'O', Oscar, zone, zip, Fosters
- 4 o's: QP, quap, Cutie Pie
- 9: bar (approx. 250g)
- 36: key, kilo (approx. 1 kg)
- 10^9: beenth (fictional term for a billion ounces)
- £10s worth - 'ten bag','tens', 'benners', 'ten bit', '10s poof'
In the US, cannabis is often referred to by price:
- Nickel bag, blunt (also referred to as a "nick") — $5 worth
- Dime bag (also referred to as a "dime") — $10 worth
- Dub - twenty bag, $20 worth
- 30 sack - $30 worth
- 50 piece (also referred to as an eighth or fatty eight) — You get 3 of that particular dealer's twenty bags ("dubs") for $50, $10 in savings. Sometimes just comes in one bag/plastic jar.
- 25, or a quarter — It is $100 worth and works with the savings system by giving you $20 amount free with it.
- Lid- $200 worth, It is usually the largest amount bought at a time. It is referred to as a lid because the height of the amount of marijuana in the bag is equal to the width of the lid of a bucket.
In the Northeastern U.S. it is common to speak of cannabis in terms of clothing store merchandise or food (e.g., a slice is 1/8 oz. (3.5 g))
- Sock—1 gram
- Shirt—1/8 ounce (3.5 g)
- Pants—1/4 ounce (7 g)
- Jacket—1 ounce (28 g)
- Buyer: "How much do you think a pair of pants would cost?"
- Dealer: "A pair of pants would cost $X.00."
In Canada, similar terms to those in the UK are used, but grams are used in small quantities, and fractional ounces are actually weighed out in grams. For example, an "o" or ounce in most of Canada will be weighed as exactly 28 grams on a scale, which is an approximation. Common purchase units are the "half", "quarter" and "eighth", or "half quarter", weighed out as 14, 7, and 3.5 grams respectively. Grams are used for lower quantities, and may be referred to as "grrs".
In Australia, cannabis is usually sold in $25 bags (referred to as a "stick" or "wick" or a "twent"), $50 bags (referred to as a "fifty"), quarter "quart", half ounces "half", ounces and pounds, 1/8 can also be called a half-quarter. Dealers also occasionally deal $30 bags, common in Western Australia. On the sunshine coast most people sell in $10 bags or 'tenners' or $50 bags.
In India, cannabis (and especially hashish) is usually sold in tolas, one tola being 10 grams. Interestingly, a tola is also the standard unit of weight used by jewelers and dealers often use jewelers scales to measure their product
Cannabis slang astro traveler, blazer, head, herbalista, porreta (Spain), pothead, stoner, toker, masher, burner, burnout, jigga-man, smot poker, patties, baker, space cowboy, space cadet, space case, beatnik (sometimes used derogatorily), mota boy, Rasta, "Infant smoker", "Deathbed first time user", "Bible paper roller", tree hugger, nannies with glaucoma, hippies, trizer head, junkie, brody gusar, cheecher, puffers, bonglords, doobians, stucking foners (Spoonerism of fucking stoners), smelly kid, dope head, doper, weekend warrior, droseph jones, janome, regis, crackes, maroe, rpoDRO, chronic, grasshopper, puff daddy, tree tripper, rocket man
bat, banana hammock,beedie, biff, biftah, bifidus, blunt (cigar emptied of tobacco and filled with marijuana), breezie, bleezie, Camberwell carrot (a very large spliff, the name comes from the film Withnail and I), (fat) chuffa, coner (tappered so that the joint resembles a cone), doobie, cannon or sometimes hand-cannon (After the miracle miss scene in Pulp Fiction) or fatty (large), shniz, fattie-bo-blattie, J, joint, jig, jibber, jazzbine, shizzle, dizzle, L.J. Simpson, Kingsize Marley (enormous), spliff, gotti or godfather (cigar emptied of tobacco and filled without cutting), rizle (made from rizla paper popular in the Middle East and South Asia), zoot, roach, illa finger, pinner (small), hog leg (girthy joint), rocket, hooter (hoot), dutchie, danish, vega, secret agent (normal cigarette emptied of tobacco and filled with pot), swish, a bat (refers to a blunt), backwood, wood, Gilb or Gilb bowl (small joint or pipe), jeezy, reefer shit, sploob of wifflig, doobie snack, L (a $10 blunt), swisher/swisha, Dutch Master, phillie, yellow submarine (from the Beatles), a cone (where the joint isn't rolled to look like a cigarette but to be cone-shaped to hold more marijuana), Zeppelin (the elusive "100" hitter), bar up a blunt, dog leg (large misshapen fatty).
To roll a cannabis cigarette
deck up, chin up, bin up, bill up, scroll up, construct, get busy, do something constructive, put one together, strap one, build it, build up (All UK nomenclature), roll a joint, roll a J, twist one up, get one on, rack up, skill up, skin up, flip, roll it up, do the decent thing, roll a doobie, spin up the FTL, wrap one up. Do work.
To smoke Cannabis
Doade (v): Let's doade, do the deed, top shelf, bake, blaze (it up), box out, burn, burn some rope,steam, bubble, bun, burn, cached or pooched, poo toke (when bowl is finished), ass hit(ditto), cane (or kane), cannabize, chief, chong, spark Choof, clambaking (smoking grass in your car) fly Mexican Airlines, [get some] fresh air, fry, (to) get lit, (to play) golf, (to have a) green day, let's get chinese-eyed (Cheech and Chong Up in Smoke),ignite, light up, puff, sesh (from session), smoo rocket, toke (up), tokin', toke up, spark up spunk it, f88ckin class m8, take the Marrakesh Express, talk to Larry,reasoning session, grab a memory masher, clam bake, hot box, Hawaii hot box, talk to Sampson,rub the hot muffin on the west side, try on some Michael Jordans, wake and bake (smoking in the morning after waking up), to hotbox, fish bowl, clam bake or dutchy (to smoke in a confined, unventiliated space), dance with mary jane, pack the pipe, strummin the rusty banjo, read a good book, spark up, study economics, joint sub-committee meeting (from the movie Dazed and Confused), blizz, burn, bun, hittin it, choke, play tennis (when you and a friend are passing a joint or pipe back and forth — inspired by the late Mac Dre), get toasted, roast, tax, to hit a cut (to smoke while driving around), tour, to put one in the air, poke smot, 4:20, bowl (as in "to smoke a..."), Jamaican bake (to turn on a hot shower,remove your clothing, close yourselves in a bathroom, and smoke - the heated air and high humidity makes the smoke smoother), safety meeting, raise one, blow trees, Burn a Green Disk (computer slang), go bowling, go for a "special" walk, recharge, 4/20, conversational bread throwing, to throw bread, to toss a slice, fuck a bitch, light a fire, cutting the grass, (to go) to the bat cave, smeez a beez, sizzle a blizzle, fire up a rocket, walk the green dog, schmape, "studying philosophy", get blasted, get elevated, have an attitude adjustment, get happy, bite the blues dog, grass ski, scratchify, smhack-a-shmowl,have a celebration, safety meeting, safety inspection, Go on an "L ride" (drive while smoking a joint or blunt), watching the ducks (smoking, usually a blunt and outside), listening to your iPod, talking to Lando (Character in Star Wars, implying being sky high), talking da trash, fixin to burn, going out to the back forty, rollin' and tumblin', eatin' southern cookin', running in an endless field, getting toasty-toast, reaching for the stars, jumping through hoops, droppin' Ds, playing a C major, talk politics, go to the fun house, smoke weed, inhale the fumes of burning marijuana, Smoke dat dro, go on a walk with droseph jones, pet the green gerbil, fly to the moon, shakin' hands with God, looking for water on Mars, chillin' on the moon, get caned, smokin the panda, going to mars, Killing A Skunk, Grazzing In the Grass, tootin, flyin, rippin.
abolished, annihilated, bained, baked, bakaked, battered, beat, Being Delta (as in high as an airplane) binned, blasted, blazed, blitted, blitzed, blowd, blunted, bonged, blousted, blown, booted, bouldered, buzzed, burnt, canned, charred, cheeched, cheesecake-factoried, Chernobyled, chiefed, chink-eyed, chronicalized, crispy, damaged, disaster mode, done, deepfried, elimibaked, faded, fishbowled, fizzed, fizzled, fried, frying-panned, fucked (up), ganked, geeked (out), gone, goofed, gooned, greened, grilled, grizzly-eyed, hammered, hazed, high, homogenized,hmonged, hung up, incredibaked, irie, jazzed, Jesused, jimmy chonged, kained, keyed, kettled,k killed, Kinda grabs ya' by the boo-boo, don't it? [Up in Smoke (1978)] lean, lit, lifted, licked, likd,liv'd, loomed, loomed out of one's skull, lighting the largest doobie with bobby M, on the loom city bus, mashed, medicated, merked, monstertrucked, mullered, munged, nailed, obliterated, owned, peaced (out), pimp-eyed, rinsed (out), ripped, screechin,shredded-wheat, smashed, spaced (out), spliffed, sombreroed, stoned (to the bone), slowcooked, shotty, tanked, taxed, thrown, toasted, torn up, tossed (out), tripped, trippin balls (more intoxicated than usual), trippin (out), totaled, twisted, vagina-eyed, wasted, west, wrecked, wapped, warped, zoned (out), zonked, zapped, zooed, zipped, bunnin (means to hit yachts with a group of people), quaked, shitfaced, stucking foned, ropey, dunski, wearing the arm-hat (placing one's forearm on one's head while intoxicated), go to the place where the NSK hangs, shakin' hands with God, looking for water on Mars, chillin' on the moon, riding the green train, ghostfaced, transcended, zakked out, billied, P.O.D. or P.O.D.'ed (Past-Over-Dose as rapped by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony), tweeded, seizure salad.
Effects of cannabis
blasted, bifta'd burnt, burnt out (fatigued), buggin' out (paranoid), munchies or munchin' out (hunger), cottonmouth or pasties (dry-mouth), green out/green fever (get sick), red eye-jedi,whitey or "throwing a whitey" or white-sheet or a Casper (state of fear/paranoia(prang) and/or nausea/vomiting where your face actually goes pale), toasted, zonked, wheezin', sloshed, zone out or zoning, get red eye (to have red eyes), zoned, blown, blazed, blowed, well caned (stoned), typical cannabis effects include: a calming or euphoric feeling, disorientation, giddiness, easily laughing, numb face, feelin like jelly, enhancement of colors, lights, sounds, especially music, and a compulsion to constantly check your rearview for the 5-0's (police), mushy memory, fantasies, dunzo, altered reality, head trip, dream-like state, visionary, creativity, depersonalization, disassociation, inspiration, genius, drooling, twitching, brokeness, paranoia, zakked out,wasted man! Jacked up, (shot at and missed, shit at and hit),elevated,chinese eyed, zombified, gone.
Vaporizer, bat or batty, billy, bong, bowl, bubbler, carb, carburetor, chalice, choke, cone, dugout, glass pipe (piece), graffix, hammer, hitter-box, hookah,hot knife, hurricane, one-hitter, piece, power-hitter, resin chamber, roach clip, roor, shotgun, shotty (gauzeless bong) sneak-a-toke, springer, spoon,pop-can pipe, steamroller, stone, toot, waterfall bong, wraps (blunts), rolling papers = papes, also meaning money on the "street", apple and carrot bong, zoomer or zoom tube, zong, B.T. bottle (bottle toke), zig-zag, chillum (single hitter, one hitter), gravity bong, gas mask, third lung (lung), buckets, one hitter, ez wider, weed whacker, reverse gravity bong, binger, catapult, space out, flux capacitor, diggery (diggery-doo), sir marks-alot (marker bowl), cereal bowl bowl (cereal bowl comprised of an additional attached bowl to smoke while eating cereal), J.O.B.'s (joint paper), utensil, oney, one-y, spoon,super gay, high as tits.
- A...A10, Afghan Goo, AK47, Alaskan Thunderfuck, Albert Walker, Alcopolco (Acapulco) Gold, Alfalfa Skunk, Amnesia
- B...Blue Dream, Blue Lightning, BC Bud, Beasters, Big Bud, Binger, Bin Laden, Blaze, Blueberry, Blueberry Headband, Blueberry Hybrid, Blue Berry Yum Yum, Blue Mystic, Blue God, Brain Melt, Brown Frown, Bubblegum, Bubblicious, Bullrider
- C...California Orange, Cali Mist, Cat Piss, Chemdawg, Cherry Organic, Chocolate Chunk, Chocolat Thai, Chronic, Chuffa Puffz, Coco Romulan, Crawling King Snake, Crippy, Crypt, Crystal, Cheese, California skunk
- D...Daydream, Deisel, Dog Shit, Dr Who, Durban Poison,Dutch Skunk, Dynamite, Dedaloo Blue Unicorn, Doobie Snacks
- E...Early Misty, Emerald, Electric Peach, Endo, Eternal Thanks
- F...Fat Boy Juicy, Fleet Wheat, Fighting Buddha, Fire, Four Way, Frankenstein, Frosty Berry, Fuzzy Wolf, Fitchburg Gold
- G...G-13, German Murder, Goo, Grand Daddy Purps, Grand Daddy RIP, Grapefruit, Green Crack, Green Badger, Green Dot, Green Dragon, Green Goblin, Green Pimp, Green Goblin Afghani, good
- H...Hawaiian Gold, Hayley's Comet, Headband Kush, Hindu Kush, Hog's Breath, Hot Box
- I...Ice, Ivory
- J...Jack Frost, Jack Herrer, Jackie White, Jamaican fire, Jamaican Grape, Jamacain Red, Jock Horror, Jerry
- K...Kali Mist, KB, Kill Bill, Kitty Kush, Kona Gold, Kotton Kandy, Kush, Kushage
- L...La Canna, Larry OG, Lavender, Lime, LSD (Lemon Sour Diesel), Lui
- M...Mango/Trainwreck, M39, Magic Dragon, Main Wreck, Mary, Masterkush, Matanuska Thunderfuck, Maui Wowie, Mellow Submarine, Mikado, Mother Sativa
- N...Nebula, Northern Lights, NY Sour Diesel
- O...Ohio Gold, Old Gangster Bubba Kush, Old Gangster Kush, Old Man, Orange Kush, Orange Mango
- P...Pacific Blue, Pakalolo, Panama Red, Passion #1, Pheney's Phog, Picolo Green, Puna Budda, Pure Light, Pure Power Plant, Purple Haze, Purple Kush, Purple Urkle
- Q...Questionable Kush
- R...R-2, Rainy Day Woman, Reclining, Revolver, Rhiannon, Ridgeway Stealth Weed, Ridgeway Stinky, Romulan, reggies
- S...SAGE, Schwagg, Schwooberry, Secret Sauce, Sgt. Pepper, Shipwreck, Shiva, Silver Haze, Souerr Lemon Diesel, Skunk, Snow, Snow Cap, Snow White, Soma, Sour Diesel, Strawberry Kush, Sugar Babe, Sugar Shack, Sunshine, Super Schwagg, SuperDoade, Strawberry Cough, Super Goo, Swazi Safari, Sweet Island Skunk, Sweettooth, Snoochie Boochie Noochies
- T...The Obnubilation, Top 44, Trainwreck, tutti fruity
- V...Venus Green
- W...Wavy Gravy, White Rhino, White Russian, White Widow
- Y...Yoda, Yucan Gold
- Skunk: high grade potent cannabis, unmistakable aroma.
- Skunk Bud Killer weed, lovingly cultivated high potency chronic
- dro: high-grade cannabis, grown with hydroponics, that is usually more expensive.
- headies: a step above beasters; a general category for the best cannabis
- beasters: seedless cannabis, generally low quality, commercial grade
- mids: medium-grade cannabis
- the kill: highly potent cannabis.
- call the cops i'm dying: LSD and extremely potent cannabis extract
- 'chronic: high-grade product, or in combination ("laced") with cocaine. piff.
- piff: high-quality marijuana. Terms such as "that's that piff," or "this bud is mad piff" are common among certain marijuana consumers. Used almost exclusively in New York City. The East Coast equivalent of chronic.
- bud: refers to the buds of the Cannabis plant. Bud may be high- or low-quality depending on several factors. Contrary to popular belief, marijuana leaves are usually not smoked (unless covered in resin from nearby buds, though such leaves are usually used for hashish production), rather it is actually the buds which are smoked. The buds of unpollinated female plants are preferred because these plants will focus their energy on resin production in order to catch pollen from the male plants (this resin is the only part of the plant which contains any usable quantities of psychoactive chemicals).
- shake: debris that shakes loose from brick or bagged marijuana.
- kine: (a.k.a. kine bud or simply kb, often mistaken as "kind" or "kind bud") refers to sinsemilla (from Spanish, meaning "without seed") marijuana of high quality.
- schwag or stress: refers to low-quality bud. Often dry and brownish in color rather than lush and green (however, looks can be deceiving). This is also called "brown frown".
- dirt weed (or Brown Frown): often refers to brown, withered-looking buds which are usually impotent, although potent "dirt weed" is not unheard of. This term is seldom used synonymously with "outdoor" (see below).
- regs: Marijuana of low to medium quality
- dank: Wet Weed. such a shame
- street weed: low-potency marijuana, comes from the implication that people selling weed on the streets to all comers are selling low-grade, mass-produced marijuana as opposed to high-quality product.
- Bunk- low potency weed, can also mean getting shorted.
- Skimp- Getting shorted or just low quality
- Waste- marijuana leaves and stems that are crushed instead of buds (only in Oregon)
- Ditch Weed (shitty scwag) low potency, probably wild and un-nutured.
- light and fluffy- damn good shit if you ask me
Bogart: (double-toke, hog a fattie, selfish with the stash) stank dank fatty (as in that's one stank dank fatty) beat (as in a finished bowl, e.g., "this bowl is beat yo"), to pick up (to buy or collect cannabis), to cop (to buy cannabis), to chop or shot (to sell cannabis), to deal or to sling (to sell cannabis), to be live or to be doing good (to have cannabis to sell), holding or Holden Caufield (possessing cannabis), cached (finished—said of a pipeful of cannabis; also for the smoker's bloodshot eyes), bogart (to take too long in consumption without passing in a social setting), parking on the grass (same), politicking or microphoning (same), kicked (finished—said of a pipe full or a bong), snap (to smoke an entire bowl in one inhalation), Gridlock, killer, indy or indian or baseball or taxi or Chicago or Jamaican hits or marathon or suicides or Mexican sweat (the practice of not exhaling a toke until the spliff has been passed to everybody), two toke pass (the act of taking one toke normally and another to be held in without exhaling until the spliff returns), heady or heddy (used to refer to high quality or highly potent marijuana), hippie hit (hitting a section of a bowl in order for others to get an equal "green" hit. AKA cornering it), pooched (finished—said of a pipe full or a bong), puff puff pass (method of smoking blunt or joint, two hits then passed), baptize, to invoke red monkey (a spotted violation of the rules, a 'party foul'—to drop the joint/spill the bong/mess up rotation or such), rape or choke (to choke while taking a hit), murph it (to cough or laugh into the bong and spray water everywhere), running the kermit (to drop off bags of cannabis), green hit (the first hit of a freshly-packed bowl, where the marijuana is still green), gazooted (state of being very high), King Kong (two cigar blunts, such as GAME, rolled together to make a very long blunt), Gary Payton (the name for a twenty-dollar sack of marijuana, after the Seattle Supersonics player's number was 20. A forty dollar sack of marijuana is sometimes referred to as a Shawn Kemp, the former star player for the Supersonics who wore the number 40), Chicago; Lightning rounds/speed boating (to hold a toke until the joint, pipe or bong returns to you), bear-a-toke (to lift someone from behind and bear hug them while leaning backwards while they hold a toke until they cannot hold it any more ((People have been known to pass out from this))(Known as 'Angel' in Midlands UK) ), (USA): blown, blowed, blunted, throwed (can mean intoxicated on anything, but especially from marijuana), blazed, "on that level", chiefing, chief. "Ghosting it," or ghost: to hold in the smoke for an extended period of time until, upon exhalation, no smoke is visible. From the North-east (specifically New Hampshire & Maine): cheebulate (to smoke with a group). Uncle Lars or just Lars (Cannabis, any quality). Smunchin' (wanting to get high). Hot box or a Dutch Oven (to smoke in a vehicle or room with all the windows closed), also called fish bowling, twenty twen-twen (a $20 bag, from the movie Friday), to be a Jerry aka camper Jerry (e.g. Hey camper Jerry, pass the bong): to take an excessive amount of time before passing a rolled joint or to not pass a pipe or bong after you are done using it, often used when smoking partners are intoxicated and distracted. "Shut the f*ck up and spin up a dog leg." Pause for the cause: to take a break, particularly from a video game, to smoke.