Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- 1 English
- 2 Norwegian
- 3 Swedish
Short for addendum.
addend (plural addends)
- (mathematics) Any one of two or more numbers or other terms that are to be added together.
- (organic chemistry) A moiety added to another molecule
- (any of various terms added together): summand
any of various terms added together
term added to another
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
- addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) + (summand) = (sum, total)
- subtraction: (minuend) − (subtrahend) = (difference)
- multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
- division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend
- To furnish with an addendum.
- (organic chemistry) To furnish with an addend.
Inflection of addend
- “addend” in The Bokmål Dictionary / The Nynorsk Dictionary.
Declension of addend