Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
dividend (plural dividends)
- (arithmetic) A number or expression that is to be divided by another.
- In "42 ÷ 3" the dividend is the 42.
- (finance) A pro rata payment of money by a company to its shareholders, usually made periodically (eg, quarterly or annually).
arithmetic: a number or expression
- addition, summation: (augend) + (addend) = (summand) × (summand) = (sum, total)
- subtraction: (minuend) − (subtrahend) = (difference)
- multiplication: (multiplier) × (multiplicand) = (factor) × (factor) = (product)
- division: (dividend) ÷ (divisor) = (quotient), remainder left over if divisor does not divide dividend
Declension of dividend
- (finance): utdelning