Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
apical (not comparable)
- Of or connected with the apex.
- (botany, of a meristem) Situated at the growing tip of the plant or its roots, in comparison with intercalary growth situated between zones of permanent tissue.
- (linguistics, of a sound) Produced with the tip of the tongue.
- (dentistry location adjectives) anterior, apical, axial, buccal, cervical, coronal, distal, distobuccal, distofacial, distoincisal, distolingual, facial, gingival, incisal, inferior, labial, lingual, mandibular, maxillary, mesial, mesiobuccal, mesiodistal, mesiofacial, mesioincisal, mesiolingual, occlusal, palatal, posterior, proximal, superior, vestibular (Category: en:Dentistry) 
- (linguistics): laminal, coronal
(linguistics) produced with the tip of the tongue
apical (plural apicals)
- (phonetics) A sound produced by obstructing the air passage with the tip of the tongue.
a sound produced by obstructing the air passage with the tip of the tongue