Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ɔːlə(r)
baller (plural ballers)
- (slang) One who plays basketball; a basketballer.
2009 July 17, Sheryl Gay Stolberg, “Obama Tells Fellow Blacks: ‘No Excuses’ for Any Failure”, New York Times:
- I want them aspiring to be scientists and engineers, doctors and teachers, not just ballers and rappers.
- (slang) One who lives an extravagant, money-driven lifestyle.
- Did you see that car? He’s such a baller.
- (slang) A surfing term for someone who cries after breaking their board.
- indefinite plural of
- indefinite plural of (Etymology 2)