Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also Beet
- (singular only, sometimes definite) Beta vulgaris, a plant with a swollen root which is eaten or used to make sugar.
- The beet is a hardy species.
- (countable) An individual plant (organism) of that species.
- They sell beets by the pound in the supermarket. All I want is the roots. Can I cut off the roots and buy them alone?
- (countable) A swollen root of such a plant.
Derived terms 
terms derived from beet (noun)
See also 
- Beet on Wikipedia.Wikipedia
- Beta vulgaris on Wikispecies. Wikispecies: Beta vulgaris
- Beet on Wikimedia Commons. Wikimedia Commons
an individual plant
- Rhymes: -eːt
- (Belgium) IPA: /beːt/
audio (Belgium) (file)
- (Netherlands) IPA: /beɪ̯t/
audio (Netherlands) (file)
Related terms 
- third-person singular present active subjunctive of beō