Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
From cast (obsolete) "to turn"
- Rhymes: -ɑːstə(r)
caster (plural casters)
- Someone or something that casts
- a caster of spells; a caster of stones
- A wheeled assembly attached to a larger object at its base to facilitate rolling. A caster usually consists of
- a wheel, which may be plastic, a hard elastomer, or metal
- an axle
- a mounting provision, usually a stem, flange, or plate
- (sometimes) a swivel which allows the caster to rotate for steering
- Many office chairs roll on a set of casters.
- A shaker with a perforated top for sprinkling condiments such as sugar, salt, pepper, etc.
- a set of casters
- A stand to hold a set of shakers or cruets.
shaker with perforated top