Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -iːpə(r)
creeper (plural creepers)
- A person or a thing who crawls or creeps.
- Standing waters are most unwholesome, […] full of mites, creepers; slimy, muddy, unclean.
- Often in plural, a one-piece garment for infants designed to facilitate access to the wearer's diaper.
- A device which allows a small child to safely roam around a room from a seated or standing position.
- A metal plate with spikes, designed to be worn with shoes to prevent slipping.
- A spur-like device strapped to the boot to facilitate climbing.
- (chiefly in the plural) A small, low iron, or dog, between the andirons.
- An instrument with iron hooks or claws for dredging up items from a well or other water.
- Any device for causing material to move steadily from one part of a machine to another, such as an apron in a carding machine, or an inner spiral in a grain screen.
- Any plant (as ivy or periwinkle) that grows by creeping; especially a climbing plant of the genus Parthenocissus.
- A treecreeper.
- (nautical) A small, four-hooked grapnel used to recover objects dropped onto the sea bed.
- The lowest gear of a tractor or truck, also creeper gear, creeper shift.
- A low-profile, wheeled platform whereupon an auto mechanic may lie on their back and gain better access to the underbody of a vehicle.
- (pejorative, slang) A person who creeps people out; a creepy person.
- Don't go to a nightclub to find a boyfriend. They're all creepers there.
- (one who crawls): crawler
- (garment): babygro, creepers, diaper shirt, infant bodysuit, snapsuit
- (wheeled platform): cradle
person or thing that creeps
treecreeper — see treecreeper