Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (transitive) To render unable; to take away an ability of.
- (chiefly of a person) To impair the physical or mental abilities of; to cause a serious, permanent injury.
- Falling off the horse disabled him.
- to deactivate a function of an electronical or mechanical device.
- The pilot had to disable the autopilot of his airplane.
to render unable; to take away the ability
to impair the physical or mental abilities of
to deactivate a function of an electronical or mechanical device