Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Hyphenation: down‧town
- Rhymes: -aʊn
- of, relating to, or situated in the downtown area
- John walked everyday to his downtown job.
See also 
- in, or towards the downtown area; southward
- You need to go downtown four blocks.
- (basketball) Outside the three-point line, or generally far from the basket.
- That shot came from way downtown!
downtown (plural downtowns)
either the lower, or the business center of a city or town
(basketball) outside the three-point line, or generally far from the basket
downtown m (invariable)
- downtown (financial district)