Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Rhymes: -ʌŋk
- To submerge briefly in a liquid.
- I like to dunk my donut in my coffee.
- To set down carelessly.
- Parents shouldn't just dunk their kids in front of the TV.
- (transitive, intransitive, basketball) To put the ball directly downward through the hoop while grabbing onto the rim with power.
- The center spun quickly and dunked the ball with authority.
to submerge briefly in a liquid
dunk (plural dunks)
- The act of dunking, particularly in basketball.
- The point guard threaded a pass with pinpoint precision to the power forward for an easy dunk.
- Rhymes: -ʏŋk
- opinion (uncountable)