Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The process whereby one item splits to become two.
- (physics) The process of splitting the nucleus of an atom into smaller particles; nuclear fission
- (biology) The process by which a bacterium splits to form two daughter cells.
process whereby one item splits to become two
process of splitting an atom
process by which a bacterium splits into two
- To cause to undergo fission.
- (intransitive) To undergo fission.
to cause to undergo fission
- Genitive singular form of fissio.
fission f (plural fissions)