Alternative spelling of his.
- (nonstandard, uncommon) Alternative form of when pronounced as he's; belonging to him.
- That's hes house over there.
- (nonstandard, uncommon) Alternative form of when pronounced as he's; that that belongs to him.
- The idea was hes not mine.
Used in some dialects to represent the (often only occasional) pronunciation of his as he's as both a determiner and a pronoun. Although his is almost always used, regardless of pronunciation, hes and he's are sometimes used.
- A short, protective type of blouse or shirt, typicallly worn by manual laborers
- A light version of the above, worn as a signal, notably to be noticed by traffic
Mostly used in its diminutive form (hesje).