Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
huff (plural huffs)
- A heavy breath; a grunt or sigh.
- With a huff, he lifted the box onto the back of the truck.
- An expression of anger, annoyance, disgust, etc.
- Freyja left in a huff.
- (obsolete) A boaster; one swelled with a false sense of value or importance.
- Lewd, shallow-brained huffs make atheism and contempt of religion the sole badge […] of wit. — South.
- To breathe heavily.
- The run left him huffing and puffing.
- To inhale psychoactive inhalants
- To say in a huffy manner
- (draughts) To remove an opponent's piece as a forfeit for deliberately not taking a piece (often signalled by blowing on it)
- An instance of uttering huff.
Inflection of huff