- Lacking moderation, temper or control.
- intemperate language; intemperate zeal
- Bad week for: Jeremy Clarkson, who has become a hate figure in Malaysia after launching an intemperate attack on a Malaysian built car - The Week, 14 April 2007, 609, 4.
- Indulging any appetite or passion to excess, especially the drinking of alcohol.
- See also Wikisaurus:excessive
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.