Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
inventory (plural inventories)
- (operations) The stock of an item on hand at a particular location or business
- Due to an undersized inventory at the Boston outlet, customers had to travel to Providence to find the item.
- (operations) a detailed list of all of the items on hand
- The inventory included several items that one wouldn't normally think to find at a cheese shop.
- (operations) the process of producing or updating such a list
- This month's inventory took nearly three days.
- (role-playing games) A space containing the items available to a character for immediate use.
- See also Wikisaurus:list
stock of an item on hand at a particular location or business
detailed list of all of the items on hand
process of producing or updating such a list
- (transitive, operations) To take stock of the resources or items on hand; to produce an inventory.
- The main job of the night shift was to inventory the store, and restock when necessary.
- (take stock): index
to take stock of the resources or items on hand; to produce an inventory