Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- jibe (archaic)
jib (plural jibs)
- (nautical) A triangular staysail set forward of the foremast. In a sloop (see image) the basic jib reaches back roughly to the level of the mast.
- (nautical) Usually with a modifier, any of a variety of specialty triangular staysails set forward of the foremast.
- The projecting arm of a crane
- (metonymically) A crane used for mounting and moving a video camera
- An object that is used for performing tricks while skiing, snowboarding, skateboarding, inline skating, or biking. These objects are usually found in a terrain park or skate park.
Terms derived from jib
any of a variety of triangular sails
Of uncertain origin.
- Of a horse, to stop and refuse to go forward.
- (figuratively) To stop doing something, to become reluctant to proceed with an activity.