Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
loper (plural lopers)
- One who or that which lopes; a runner; a leaper.
- (ropemaking) A swivel placed at one end of the rope-walk, with the whirl being at the opposite end.
- (chess) bishop; chess piece that moves diagonally
- walker; someone who walks
- (archaic) runner; someone who runs or moves quickly
- (historical) messenger, that delivers messages by foot
- (botany) shoot or sprout that forms at the end of roots from which new shoots or sprouts develop
- (botany, uncommon) tendrils of creepers and vines used for support