Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: łöst
- (UK) enPR: lŏst, IPA(key): /lɒst/
- (US) enPR: lôst, IPA(key): /lɔst/
- (cot–caught merger) enPR: läst, IPA(key): /lɑst/
Audio (CA) (file)
Audio (US) (file)
Audio (UK) (file)
- Rhymes: -ɒst
- simple past tense and past participle of
- Unable to find one's way; unavailable, with location unknown.
- Because she was so far behind the pack, she got lost in the forest.
- Deep beneath the ocean, the Titanic was lost to the world.
Terms derived from lost (adjective)
unable to find one's way
with location unknown
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked
- second- and third-person singular present indicative of lossen
- (archaic) plural imperative of lossen