Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Conjugation of the Portuguese -er verb resplandecer
- This is a regular verb of the -er group.
- The last letter c is changed to ç, depending on the following vowel, resulting in these four possible sequences: -ça-, -ce-, -ci- and -ço-.
- Verbs with this conjugation include: acontecer, amanhecer, carecer, conhecer, descer, esquecer, merecer, parecer, reconhecer, tecer, vencer.
- (to shine): brilhar, fulgir, fulgurar, iluminar, irradiar, luzir
- (to excel): brilhar, distinguir, exceder, exceler, superar, avantajar-se, extremar-se, sobressair
Conjugation of resplandecer (See Appendix:Spanish verbs)
Rule: c becomes a zc before a or o.