Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
roster (plural rosters)
- A list of names, usually for an organization of some kind such as military officers and enlisted personnel enrolled in a particular unit; a muster roll; a sports team, with the names of players who are eligible to be placed in the lineup for a particular game; or a list of students officially enrolled in a school or class.
- A list of the jobs to be done by members of an organization and often with the date/time that they are expected to do them.
- The secretary has produced a new cleaning roster for the Church over the remainder of the year.
a list of names
schedule — see schedule
- The act of placing a name on a roster.
- I have rostered you for cleaning duties on the first Monday of each month.