- (Greek mythology) A male companion of Pan or Dionysus with the tail of a horse and a perpetual erection.
- Rough Satyrs danced; and Fauns, with cloven heel, / From the glad sound would not be absent long.
- (Roman mythology) A faun.
- A lecherous man.
- Any of various butterflies of the family Satyridae, having brown wings marked with eyelike spots; a meadow brown.
- (obsolete) The orangutan.
Part or all of this entry has been imported from the 1913 edition of Webster’s Dictionary, which is now free of copyright and hence in the public domain. The imported definitions may be significantly out of date, and any more recent senses may be completely missing.
- See also Wikisaurus:libertine