Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
seanchas m (genitive seanchais)
- (literary) traditional law; ancient history and tradition; genealogical information
- lore, tradition; (act of) storytelling
- (act of) talking, chatting, seeking information; informative talk, discussion
Declension of seanchas
- banseanchas (“women's lore”)
after "an", tseanchas
|Note: Some of these forms may be hypothetical. Not every
possible mutated form of every word actually occurs.
- Can be used as a verbal noun:
- Bha iad a' seanchas ri chèile. ― They were talking to each other.