Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
Audio (US) (file)
- Of a surface, having low friction, often due to being covered in a non-viscous liquid, and therefore hard to grip, hard to stand on without falling, etc.
- Oily substances render things slippery.
- (figuratively, by extension) Evasive; difficult to pin down.
- a slippery person
- a slippery promise
- (obsolete) Liable to slip; not standing firm.
- unstable; changeable; inconstant
- The slippery state of kings.
- (obsolete) wanton; unchaste; loose in morals
- (of a surface): sticky
of a surface