Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- In a class of its own; one of a kind.
- Anyone who considers the Femmes sui generis has never listened to the Velvets.
- 1995, How To Do Things With Words, by J.L. Austin
- We see him as he sees himself, surveying the invisible depths of ethical space, with all the distinction of a specialist in the sui generis.
- (rarer) By itself; of its own.
- It is nothing to worry about sui generis, but in context of the other factors it's alarming indeed.
in a class of its own
sui generis (invariable)