Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- (reflexive) it; A thing as the object of a verb or preposition that also appears as the subject
- The door closed by itself
- (emphatic) it; used to intensify the subject, especially to emphasize that it is the only participant in the predicate
- The door itself is quite heavy.
Derived terms 
See also 
English personal pronouns
|Number||Person||Gender||Subject||Objective||Reflexive||Possessive adjective||Possessive pronoun|
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.
Translations to be checked