Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: suprême
- Dominant, having power over all others.
2013 June 21, Karen McVeigh, “US rules human genes can't be patented”, The Guardian Weekly, volume 189, number 2, page 10:
- The US supreme court has ruled unanimously that natural human genes cannot be patented, a decision that scientists and civil rights campaigners said removed a major barrier to patient care and medical innovation.
- Greatest, most excellent, extreme, most superior, highest, or utmost.
- supreme disgust; supreme courage
- (botany) Situated at the highest part or point.
- For usage examples of this term, see the citations page.
- (transitive, cooking) To divide a citrus fruit into its segments, removing the skin, pith, membranes, and seeds.
- supreme in Webster’s Revised Unabridged Dictionary, G. & C. Merriam, 1913
- supreme in The Century Dictionary, The Century Co., New York, 1911
- supreme at OneLook Dictionary Search
- Feminine plural form of supremo
- vocative masculine singular of