Jump to navigation Jump to search
See also: ≢ [U+2262 NOT IDENTICAL TO], ☰ [U+2630 TRIGRAM FOR HEAVEN], 三 [U+4E09 CJK UNIFIED IDEOGRAPH-4E09], and Ξ [U+039E GREEK CAPITAL LETTER XI]
- (mathematics) "is equivalent to"
- (mathematics) "is identically equal to". "is defined as" or "is set to".
- The functions f and g satisfy f≡g if and only if their respective domain of definition coincide, and if f(x)=g(x) for all x in this domain.
- (number theory) "is congruent to"; used in calculations of modulo.
- 15≡3 mod 4, since both 15 and 3 gives a remainder of 3 when divided by 4.
- (chemistry) A triple bond.
- (logic, dated) if and only if
- (logic) elementary equivalence
- (meteorology) fog
- (computing, dated) ISO 2047 symbol for Line Feed