Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Character||≡ U+2261, ≡|
- (mathematics) "is equivalent to"
- (mathematics) "is identically equal to". "is defined as" or "is set to".
- The functions f and g satisfy f≡g if and only if their respective domain of definition coincide, and if f(x)=g(x) for all x in this domain.
- (number theory) "is congruent to"; used in calculations of modulo.
- 15≡3 mod 4, since both 15 and 3 gives a remainder of 3 when divided by 4.
- (chemistry) A triple bond.
- (logic, dated) if and only if
- (logic) elementary equivalence
- (meteorology) fog