Jump to navigation Jump to search
- (mathematics) Given a specified modulus of.
- 21 and 84 are congruent to each other modulo 9, since both numbers leave the same remainder, 3, when divided by 9.
- Thus 21 modulo 9 is 3, because when 21 is divided by 9, the remainder is 3.
- (technical) Except for differences accounted for by.
- Synonym: up to
- "A is the same as B modulo C" means A is the same as B except for differences accounted for by C.
- 1990, Speas, Margaret, Phrase Structure in Natural Language, page 281:
- Thus, the underlying structure which I would assign to Navajo will be identical, modulo word order, to the one that we found to be projected in all of the languages studied in chapter 3.
- 2002, Arneson, Richard, “Egalitarianism”, in The Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy:
- Moreover, in the role of consumer, each individual (modulo his location) faces the same array of goods and services on sale to anyone who can pay the purchase price[.]
- (The addition of quotations indicative of this usage is being sought): (extended use) With due allowance for (a specified exception or particular detail).
- Synonyms: barring, except for, save for; see also Thesaurus:except
- The "tail recursion modulo cons" technique allows functions that would be tail recursive but for a cons call to be transformed into a tail recursive form.
- All mammals, modulo the monotremes, give birth to live young.
- 2019 March 23, AliasiSudonomo, “Doctor Horrible - 10 Years Later”, in rpg.net:
- I think it still holds up relatively well, modulo Joss Whedon's quirks, but a fuller version would probably have to include some more of the aftermath.
- 2019 August 6, Blaziken2222, “Smite on a 4k monitor”, in Reddit, r/Smite:
- I recently upgraded my PC and bought a UHD monitor, but after installing Smite I realised that it is basically impossible to play it on a resolution bigger than 1080p, the reason being : basically everything modulo the HUD, does NOT scale with the resolution(everything from the minions to the ennemy[sic] health bar becomes tiny).
Given a specified modulus of
- (computing) The operation or function that returns the remainder of one number divided by another.
- Synonym: modulus
- first-person singular present indicative form of modular
modulo m (plural moduli)
- Synonym: formulario
- Per favore, compili questo modulo. ― Please fill in this form.
- unit, module
- (mathematics, physics) modulus
- (astronomy) module
- (soccer) formation