- Indicates items in a list that were already dealt with, e.g., products in a grocery list that were already bought.
- 2007, Steve Anderson, Meet the Robinsons, Walt Disney Pictures
- Things to do:
- ☑ Steal time machine
- ☑ Ruin science fair
- ☑ Pass off invention as my own!
- Milk ✓
- Flour ✓
- Indicates one's preference or vote. Sometimes, a ballot (☐) can be filled with a checkmark: ☑.
- ☐ Candidate 1
- ☐ Candidate 2
- ☑ Candidate 3
- Indicates correctness. See also: ✗ (“indicates wrongness”).
- 2+2=4 ✓
- 2+2=5 ✗
In English, this is called tick, checkmark, check.
- See also Appendix:Strikethrough for crossed text as in
example, which also indicates items already dealt with.
- ✗ (“indicates one's preference or vote”)
- ✗ (“indicates incorrectness”)