Jump to navigation Jump to search
|Kanji in this term|
- A term derived from the Sanskrit Tīrthika, and refers to any doctrine which "treads the outer path" to enlightenment. This is opposed to the teachings of orthodox Buddhism, the "Naidō" (内道, lit. "Inner Path"), and is thus considered to be misguided and heretical.
- supernatural; paranormal; extraordinary
- 外法箱 (gehōbako, “Outer Path Box”)
- 外道 (gedō, “supernatural; paranormal; extraordinary”)
- 魔法 (mahō, “magic, spellcraft, witchcraft, wizardry, sorcery”)