big; great; huge; large; major; wide; deep; oldest; eldest; doctor
father's elder brother; senior; paternal elder uncle; eldest of brothers; respectful form of address
|simp. and trad.
- Cantonese (Jyutping): daai6 baak3
- Hakka (Sixian, PFS): thai-pak
- Min Nan (POJ): tōa-peh / tōa-peeh
- Min Nan
- (Hokkien: Xiamen, Quanzhou, mainstream Taiwanese)
- (Hokkien: Zhangzhou)
- paternal uncle (father's elder brother, especially his eldest brother)
- brother-in-law (husband's older brother)
- A term of address to a man older than one's father.
- (brother-in-law): 大伯子 (dàbǎizi)