|Kanji in this term|
- (Shinto): The Japanese name for the Hindu god Mahākāla. The god of wealth, commerce and trade. One of the seven gods of luck. Daikoku is often depicted paired with Ebisu, and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops.
- 福禄寿 (Fukurokuju): god of happiness, wealth and longevity.
- 寿老人 (Jurōjin): the god of longevity.
- 恵比須 / 恵比寿 / 夷 / 戎 (Ebisu): god of fishers or merchants, often depicted carrying a sea bream.
- 布袋 (Hotei): the fat and happy god of abundance and good health.
- 弁才天 / 弁財天 (べんざいてん, Benzaiten): The Japanese name for the Hindu goddess Saraswati. The goddess of knowledge, art, beauty, music, language, wisdom, poetry and rivers.
- 毘沙門 / 毘沙門天 (Bishamonten): the god of warriors.