Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
|Kanji in this term|
|Jinmeiyō||Grade: S||Grade: 2||Grade: 1|
- (Shintō): The Japanese name for the Hindu god Vaiśravaṇa. The god of warfare, warriors, punisher of evildoers. One of the seven gods of luck.
- 七福神 (しちふくじん, Shichi Fukujin): The Seven Gods of Good Fortune.
- 福禄寿 (Fukurokuju): god of happiness, wealth and longevity.
- 大黒 / 大黒天 (Daikoku / Daikokuten): the god of wealth, commerce and trade. Ebisu and Daikoku are often paired and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops.
- 寿老人 (Jurōjin): the god of longevity.
- 恵比須 / 恵比寿 / 夷 / 戎 (Ebisu): god of fishers or merchants, often depicted carrying a sea bream.
- 布袋 (Hotei): the fat and happy god of abundance and good health.
- 弁才天 / 弁財天 (べんざいてん, Benzaiten): The Japanese name for the Hindu goddess Saraswati. The goddess of knowledge, art, beauty, music, language, wisdom, poetry and rivers.