See also: fukurokuju
- (mythology, Shinto) The Japanese name for the Chinese god Xuanwu, one of the seven gods of good fortune: the god of happiness, wealth, and longevity.
- Hotei, (布袋), the fat and happy god of abundance and good health.
- Jurōjin, (寿老人), god of longevity.
- Bishamonten, (毘沙門天), god of warriors.
- Daikokuten (大黒天, Daikoku), god of wealth, commerce and trade. Ebisu and Daikoku are often paired and represented as carvings or masks on the walls of small retail shops.
- Ebisu, (恵比須, 恵比寿, 夷 or 戎), god of fishers or merchants, often depicted carrying a sea bream.
- Benzaiten (弁才天 or 弁財天), goddess of knowledge, art and beauty and music
- Rōmaji transcription of