Proto-Austronesian is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Austronesian are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Austronesian should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Austronesian.
- Category:map-pro:All topics: Proto-Austronesian words categorized by subject.
- Category:Proto-Austronesian morphemes: Morphemes used to form Proto-Austronesian words.
- Category:Proto-Austronesian parts of speech: Proto-Austronesian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Austronesian lexicons: Proto-Austronesian words categorized by their lexicons.
- Category:Proto-Austronesian etymologies: Proto-Austronesian terms categorized by their origins.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Austronesian: Words derived from Proto-Austronesian in various languages.
This category has the following 14 subcategories, out of 14 total.
Pages in category "Proto-Austronesian language"
The following 6 pages are in this category, out of 6 total.