This is the main category of the Proto-Malayo-Polynesian language, represented in Wiktionary by the code poz-pro. It is the reconstructed ancestor of all Malayo-Polynesian languages, written in Latin script.
Proto-Malayo-Polynesian is a hypothetical language. Words and roots in Proto-Malayo-Polynesian are not directly attested in any written works, but have been reconstructed through the comparative method, which finds regular similarities between languages that cannot be explained by coincidence or word-borrowing, and extrapolates ancient forms from these similarities.
According to our criteria for inclusion, Proto-Malayo-Polynesian should not be present in entries in the main namespace, but may be added to the Appendix: namespace.
Definitions, translations and related terms may be found at the entry Proto-Malayo-Polynesian.
- Category:poz-pro:All topics: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian words categorized by subject.
- Category:Proto-Malayo-Polynesian morphemes: Morphemes used to form Proto-Malayo-Polynesian words.
- Category:Proto-Malayo-Polynesian parts of speech: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian terms categorized by their part of speech.
- Category:Proto-Malayo-Polynesian lexicons: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian words categorized by their lexicons.
- Category:Regional Proto-Malayo-Polynesian: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian words categorized by regional dialects.
- Category:Proto-Malayo-Polynesian etymologies: Proto-Malayo-Polynesian terms categorized by their origins.
- Category:Terms derived from Proto-Malayo-Polynesian: Words derived from Proto-Malayo-Polynesian in various languages.
- Category:Requests (Proto-Malayo-Polynesian): Proto-Malayo-Polynesian entries that need attention of experienced editors.
This category has the following 17 subcategories, out of 17 total.