Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: corinthian
- Of or relating to Corinth
- (architecture) Of the Corinthian Greek order
- elaborate, ornate
- debauched in character or practice; impure
- (Can we find and add a quotation of Milton to this entry?)
person/object of Corinth
Corinthian (plural Corinthians)
- An inhabitant or a resident of Corinth, and its suburbs.
- An inhabitant, a resident of; a thing that originates from Corinthia
- An accomplished amateur athlete.
- A sailboat owner who helms his or her own boat in competitive racing.
- A worldly, fashionable person, accepted in society though possibly dissolute.
- (manège) Horse show-class in which contestants are members of a formal hunt and wear its livery, as opposed to appointment show-class.
- A small tubular wafer used in desserts.
an inhabitant or a resident of Corinth
a thing that originates from Corinthia
a well-dressed nineteenth-century Englishman
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Help:How to check translations.