Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Any of the characteristics of ancient Greek culture, civilization, principles and ideals, including humanism, reason, the pursuit of knowledge and the arts, moderation and civic responsibility.
- The culture and civilization of the Hellenistic period.
- The admiration for and adoption of ancient Greek culture, ideas and civilization.
- The national character or culture of Greece.
- The belief in and worship of the Greek gods.
- A Greek idiom or turn of phrase.
- (foreignisms) foreignism; Anglicism/anglicism, Arabism, Gallicism/gallicism, Germanism / Teutonism, Grecism/grecism / Hellenism, Hebraism, Hispanism, Hungarianism / Magyarism, Irishism, Italianism / Italicism, Japanism, Latinism, Polonism, Russianism, Sinicism, Slavism, Turkism, Yiddishism
characteristics of ancient Greek culture
culture and civilization of the Hellenistic period
admiration for and adoption of Greek culture
national character or culture of Greece
belief in and worship of Greek gods
- The translations below need to be checked and inserted above into the appropriate translation tables, removing any numbers. Numbers do not necessarily match those in definitions. See instructions at Wiktionary:Entry layout § Translations.