Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any of the characteristics of ancient Greek culture, civilization, principles and ideals, including humanism, reason, the pursuit of knowledge and the arts, moderation and civic responsibility.
- The culture and civilization of the Hellenistic period.
- The admiration for and adoption of ancient Greek culture, ideas and civilization.
- The national character or culture of Greece.
- The belief in and worship of the Greek gods.
- Hellenisation or Hellenization
- Hellenise or Hellenize
- Helleniser or Hellenizer
culture and civilization of the Hellenistic period
national character or culture of Greece