Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
See also: Iwojima
Spacing is inconsistent. Also commonly found as “Iwojima” or as “Iwo-Jima” with a hyphen.
- A volcanic island in Japan’s Ogasawara Islands chain, officially called Iōtō in Japanese.
- In June, 2007, the Japanese government officially changed the name to Iōtō, apparently restoring the previous reading.
- A volcanic island located in the Satsunan Shoto, an island group south of Kyushu in Kagoshima Prefecture. Also known as Satsuma Iojima.
- This island is still known as Iōjima in Japanese.
- A decisive battle during World War II.
an island in Japan
- Iwojima (uncommon)
Iwo Jima f