Javanese (plural Javanese)
- A person belonging to the native Austronesian people of the island of Java.
- A cat of a certain domestic cat breed.
As with other nationalities formed with -ese, the countable singular noun in reference to a person (as in "I am a Javanese", "writing about Javanese cuisine as a Javanese") is uncommon and often taken as incorrect. In its place, the adjective is used, by itself (as in "I am Javanese") or with a word like person, man, or woman ("writing about Javanese cuisine as a Javanese person").
- A language spoken in Java.
- ISO 639-1 code jv, ISO 639-3 code jav
- Ethnologue entry for Javanese, jv
- Ethnologue entry for Caribbean Javanese, jvn
- Ethnologue entry for New Caledonian Javanese, jas
- Ethnologue entry for Osing, osi
- Ethnologue entry for Tengger, tes