Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
NPC (plural NPCs)
- (role-playing games, video games) Initialism of non-player character.
- (sports) Initialism of National Paralympic Committee.
- (medicine, chiefly attributive) Initialism of no patient care
- (intransitive) To act as an NPC (“non-player character”) in a game.
2003 November 25, PBM List Autoposter, “New: In the Light and in the Shadows (free, open-ended, email, human, fantasy, rpg)”, in rec.games.pbm, Usenet, message-ID <email@example.com>:
- All characters wish to submit to the game must be either netural or good even though the group will have to interact with evil beings as well. To preserve the group from being totally dark and paranoid, I will NPC the evil characters.
- 2012, Wreck-It Ralph (movie)
- [in a deleted scene, one of the signs used by the homeless Q*bert gang reads as follows]
- "will npc in fps 4 food!"