See also: pott
- A surname.
- (regional) large cup
- (regional) pot (cooking vessel)
- (regional) pot; jar (storage vessel)
- (informal) large ship
- (informal) cup (sports trophy)
- (gambling) pot
- (colloquial) toilet
- In its original use for a kitchen vessel, the word is used chiefly in western and northern Germany. For “large cup” it is commonly found in writing in these areas. The sense “cooking or storage vessel” is also very common in the vernaculars, but the more properly standard term Topf tends to be preferred in writing.
- The derived meanings, particularly that of “sports trophy”, are not regionally restricted (at least not within Germany).
- (large cup): (große) Tasse
- (cooking/storage vessel): Topf
- (sports trophy): Pokal
- (toilet): Toilette; Klo; Lokus; Scheißhaus
Pott m (genitive Potts)
- Pott in Duden online