Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- The first king of Israel in the Old Testament
- And it came to pass, that when the evil spirit of God was upon Saul, that David took an harp, and played with his hand; so Saul was refreshed, and was well, and the evil spirit departed from him.
- The original name of Apostle Paul in the New Testament.
- Then Saul, (who also is called Paul,) filled with the Holy Ghost, set his eyes on him.
- A male given name.
first king of Israel
original name of Paul
male given name
- alternate form of sawol
- (biblical) Saul (first king of Israel)