Definition from Wiktionary, the free dictionary
- Any of several towns, including the following:
- A statutory town in Colorado, USA, and the county seat of Baca County.
- A city in Georgia in the United States, and the county seat of Effingham County.
- An unincorporated community in Springfield Township, LaPorte County, Indiana in the United States.
- An unincorporated community in Lynn Township, Posey County, Indiana in the United States.
- The capital city of the state of Illinois in the United States of America, and the county seat of Sangamon County.
- A home rule-class city in Kentucky in the United States, and county seat of Washington County.
- A major Massachusetts city where basketball was invented in 1891.
- A major city in the Ozark mountain region of Missouri and county seat of Greene County.
- A city in Ohio, the county seat of Clark County.
- The fictional town in which The Simpsons is set.
- A habitational surname.
- (slang) The Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame in Springfield, Massachusetts.